Thursday, March 13, 2014

An Update

I mentioned last week I had no idea where my comics were. I had called a week before, he told me he shipped them the day before. As of this Tuesday, they had not arrived. So I called again, he said he would go to the Post Office, check with them. He tells me yesterday they still had it, because they couldn't read the zip code he wrote down. They were just about to send it back to them. So he added the books from the last two weeks, and shipped them out today. He sent me a tracking number, so that helps.

I don't know, I can't decide if I'm being fooled. I know there wouldn't be any percentage in it for him, he presumably ordered some of those books specifically for me, and he doesn't get his money back until I get the comics. It just seems so odd, the Post Office had the box for over a week trying to decipher his handwriting, and were only just getting ready to send it back to him? Then again, it took the Post Office almost 2 weeks to forward a package to me roughly 300 miles, so I guess they're deliberate.

Anyway, that's been one of the odd little setbacks this week. Not the only one, but the only one relevant to this blog's interests.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

The post office does some strangely bizzare things all the time. Considering the way that they have handled my premium mail, that I have paid a fortune to send, I am sticking to just regular mail. It gets there faster.

CalvinPitt said...

When I had that previous shipment forwarded to me, my coworker told me that had to forward one to a different former coworker as well. He lived in New York, and his package got there from Missouri in 2 days. Mine took about 10 days. I don't know what's going on.