Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Favorite Posts Meme

So let's give this a try. It's relatively off the cuff, since the list would get ridiculous if I go through all my regularly read blogs, constantly stumbling across posts that I really enjoyed, but got buried under later posts.

Googum already tapped this one, but I will also lend my vote to Jake's Resident Evil 4 post.

Perhaps it's poorform to select a post by the meme starter, but Plok's question about the worst super-team is in the running.

In a somewhat similar vein, I tend to enjoy those question about "Who's your favorite", especially when they can get a lot of responses. It's fun to see what people think. To that end, I'm going to link to Brian Cronin's series of posts detailing the results of his poll of the Top Marvel and DC characters, as ambiguously defined as that may have been. If nothing else, it lead to my examining trading cards from the '90s, which lead to that story about alternate realities, grass eating sharks, Deadpool, Kirbyseid, and all that other stuff.

So, you know, blame him, not me.

I have to give a nod to Scipio's differences between DC and Marvel (I'm just linking to the first one). I think I sort of understood what he describes, but not as clearly as after I read that post.

Dave Campbell can't go unnoticed, so I'll choose (from several possibilities) his post on Slipkont. Poor, poor, Slipknot, mocked by a Manhunter robot. Harsh.

I have no idea who has or hasn't been tagged, so if you want to jump in, and nobody's asked you yet, consider yourself asked.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

All excellent choices.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Calvin!

First Dave Campbell mention so far -- how quickly we forget, eh?