Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Can Write About My Writing, Right? Right.

The whole "Tales from the Woods" thing kind of got away from me. Originally, the meeting with the Lady in Orange in #7 was going to be the end of it, at least until some other odd happenstance I could adapt took place.

The mistake I made was deciding to try and tie things together. Rather than leave the Ghost of the Forest separate from the coot appearances, and both of them distinct from the Lady in Orange (which was originally a dream I had), I thought I was, I don't know, Roy Thomas or something. I'd make it all fit. Except once I made that decision, I realized the ending to #7 wouldn't work, because it would answer nothing. Of course, the joke wound up being that having decided I needed to provide answers, I didn't have ones that felt particularly satisfying, or else where ones I wasn't prepared to use. Yet.

So things ended up very different from where I originally planned. I'm hopeful there was still enough song and dance to keep you entertained, and I'm hoping I learned something for future attempts.

No comments: