Tuesday, July 30, 2013

October's Looking Pretty Quiet

The last two months things have been chaotic for my pull list. Books getting canceled, books skipping months for unknown reasons, or skipping them because of stupid publishing stunts.

The solicits for October's books are largely lacking in all that. Hawkeye's skipping a month, though my guess is September's issue will show up then. This is a way to get things back on track.

Other than that, there's not much of note. Rocketeer/Spirit is back. I half expected DC to use their Villain Month as cover to cancel more low-selling titles, but Katana's still going, so I guess not. I'm pleased to see Captain Marvel made it out the other side of its Infinity tie-in without getting canceled.

The most notable thing for me is how small my pull list is for the month. 8 books, 2 of which are mini-series scheduled to end in November. I shouldn't be surprised, given all the cancellations and books I've been dropping, but when it happens a little at a time, I don't always notice.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Is October when all that Villains stuff is coming out?

Blurgh.

Well...except for the Rogues. And Gail Simone's Secret Six. Those are villains that I adore.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: That's September, but I had heard rumors that since books like Katana were going to be skipping a month (in favor of quadruple shipping Justice League or whatever), that DC might try stealth canceling books, then jumping in with a bunch of new #1s in October.

I decided to pass on all the Villain books myself. Even though there's a Dial E in there, I don't like the idea of paying the extra dollar for a 3-D cover.