Wednesday, January 09, 2019

A Quick Update

I finally hit my limit on patience yesterday and went to the post office to find out what's up with the comics, and what the heck "acceptance pending" means.

It means they've been told expect a package from UPS, but it hasn't arrived. I was apparently the 20th person that day asking about an order stuck in that particular limbo since last Thursday. Which makes me feel a little better, since I've always suspected I'm pretty far up there on the impatience scale. But for that many other people to already come looking, maybe I'm more patient than I think.

So I tried UPS, and they don't know where it is. The person at the counter did search in the back room just in case, but came up empty. But I was assured it will show up sooner or later.

That's where we are at the moment, with everything up in air and my patience at the end. So Year in Review starts next Monday, whether the other books arrive or not.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

This must be beyond annoying. I do hope your books eventually show up.

CalvinPitt said...

I actually had a note today in my mailbox that I had a package, but they weren't going to leave it on my door when I'm not there. I got really excited, but then I noticed the note said who it was from, and it's actually a late Christmas present from a friend of mine. *sad trombone noise*

They'll probably pop up in July or something. I'll get a package and be like, "what the hell is this?"