Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Technology. Useless, Useless Technology

I was at Alex' over the weekend for his birthday, we decided to try and play a little Call of Duty on his PS4. I'm not a Call of Duty guy - the more "realistic" first-person shooters aren't really my thing - but it was what he had. But first we had to create an account for me on the Playstation Network. 

OK, fine. I'm really, truly planning to buy a PS4 here in the next few weeks, finally*. Might as well save myself some trouble. We get that done, eventually. But wait, I don't have an Activision account! Now I need to create one of those, even though, again, I don't really give much of a shit about Call of Duty. But sure, whatever, let's get this done. 

Alright, time for fun with my buddy running around throw grenades at people in a safe environment! But wait, Call of Duty doesn't allow for split-screen gaming. 

I think it was about that time I started laughing. 

You can play cooperatively with some random, foul-mouthed 10-year in Belize, but you can't team-up with your best friend in the same room? Or have fun killing the each other? I don't even care about playing against other people on the Internet, especially people I don't even know. But I would like to be able to play with actual friends when we're hanging out together.

And I thought Blogger managed to bork the alt text function with the switch to this new version, but apparently I have to type my attempts at alt text humor into the "title text" line, rather than the "alt text" line. Why they decided to change that, I don't know. 

* Assuming my apartment isn't hit by lightning or I have to loan someone else a bunch of money again.

No comments: