Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ghosts Don't Spend Time Reflecting

It's sad that Phantom Rider can't get a clue. Actually, it's annoying. It's been 130 years and the ghost of Linc Slade is still after Mockingbird, and still thinks she wronged him. I'd like to think at some point he'd realize kidnapping and drugging her so she'd love and marry him (when she was already in love with, and married to, Hawkeye) was messed up, and he pretty much got what he had coming. She didn't even kill him. He fell off a cliff because he wasn't watching where he was going while trying to flee a very pissed off Mockingbird. She didn't help pull him up when he asked, but I don't think it was very bright to expect her to, and it certainly wasn't smart, when asking nicely didn't work, to demand you pull me up right now, woman! He's honestly lucky she did haul him back up and beat him to near-death (before letting him fall back over the cliff to actual death) just for that.

He doesn't get it, and if her comments in the first issue were any indication, the descendant he's empowering/possessing doesn't, either. Prattling on about Bobbi having damaged her family's name. No, I think your crazy drugging and kidnapping ancestor did that. I suppose that's why they're villains, no acceptance of personal responsibility. it really makes the Slades look pathetic to me, whiny even. Like Superboy-Prime, which is never an association a character wants to be making in my mind. After all, I didn't even care too see that brat defeated, I just wanted him gone, didn't care how. I'm not there with Phantom Rider yet. I'm hoping for a scene where someone - Bobbi, Hawkeye, that other descendant of his - makes Linc Slade realize he's been in the wrong all this time, and he goes screaming into the void. Or to Hell. Whichever.

No comments: