Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'll Try This Without The Huckster Hat

I just wanted to let you know we're only one month away from the 2012 Cape Girardeau Comic Con!

Yes, CapeCon 2012! Ken's moved it back to April, which suits me fine. It better fits my schedule than a late June convention. Which means I get to go this year, woohoo!

It's April 20th through the 22nd, at the Osage Center (where it's been the previous two years). I'm excited. I was disappointed I missed last year's convention, and Alex is theoretically accompanying me again this year, and these things are more fun with a friend along, at least for me. It keeps me from feeling so overwhelmed by the crowds, having someone to discuss the wares with. It dampens the good times if I keep feeling like I need to step outside every half hour to get away from all the people. I will say the Osage Center is large enough I didn't get that claustrophobic feeling I had at some of the smaller venues in earlier years.

Oh, and if you like flowers and nicely decorated homes and such, Charleston is having their Dogwood-Azalea Festival that weekend as well. That's only about a half hour down the road from Cape! It's not typically my thing, but even I have to admit people really get their homes looking nice. And it's a nice change of pace from a comic convention, if you require such a thing. So, if you've the time, money, and inclination, you should definitely attend both events. At least one of them. Spend some money while you're there. On a snack, or a sketch. Or a hand carved porch swing. Whatever floats your boat.

This concludes this public service announcement.

No comments: