Saturday, August 03, 2013

Quick Notes For The Weekend

FX has been showing Spider-Man 3 lately. It isn't a good movie, but there are still several parts of it I like. I'll never stop laughing at Evil Parker strutting down the street, trying to give smouldering looks to every woman he sees, then busting into impromptu dance moves. That evil Peter Parker isn't a world-conquerer, doesn't start robbing banks or snapping the necks of purse snatchers. He's just thinks he's way cooler than he is, to the point that he swings between being an ass and a doofus, depending on what he's doing at that moment. I figure that's a mark of how good he is, that being a kind of sleazy jerk is what passes for evil with him. Getting to see Harry be happy for a while was nice, even if it was doomed to end.

That being said, I hadn't remembered Harry having so much cranial trauma. The initial crash into the AC units, the hoverboard to the head, flying headfirst into a girder. Roger Goodell thinks Harry ought to look into better protective headgear. Goodell also thinks Harry could still spend more time fighting, and wouldn't agree that there's any link necessarily between the head trauma and Harry's behavioral shifts in the film, but that's Goodell for ya.

I have no idea what posting is going to be like for the next two weeks. I'm heading back to where I spent last summer, so Internet access could be sporadic. Or perhaps things will be better. I do have the next 3 weeks of Burn Notice posts ready to go, so you won't miss out on me complaining about Anson (I actually enjoyed the Season 6 opener a lot). Beyond that, it's up in the air.

No comments: