Thursday, December 24, 2015

Haven't Even Opened Presents And Already Looking To Spring

So what's on tap for March in the world of comics? I didn't see it in this most recent round of Previews, but there's a new Delilah Dirk GN coming out in March, The King's Schilling. I liked The Turkish Lieutenant, so I've got high hopes for this one.

Moving onward, Roche Limit is back with the final mini-series, Monadic. Only 4 issues long this time. The Rocketeer At War mini-series is not listed in IDW's solicits, but I was pretty sure it would still have an issue to go at that point. Henchgirl has another issue solicited. I still haven't grabbed the second issue yet, but hopefully I'll manage that in the next month or so.

Marvel is, as always, a mixed bag. The good news is, new Black Widow series by Samnee and Waid. A new Mockingbird series, which I'm not planning on getting, but I think Bobbi can be a cool character, so hopefully that does well. On the other hand, Marvel thinks we need another Iron Man series for some reason, and they're letting Jim Starlin do another one of these Infinity: [Fill in the Blank] mini-series. Swell, 4 more issues of Starlin telling us all about how Thanos and Adam Warlock are better and smarter than every other character in the Marvel Universe. Oh, and they're releasing a new edition of a bunch of their old Civil War trades. Goody, now I'll have something to use for fuel if we get a late winter blizzard and the power goes out!

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is doing a crossover with Howard the Duck. Your mileage may vary, but I'll try giving the Howard half a pass. Just not that interested in that duck. 

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I am so looking forward to the new Black Widow book. Waid and Samnee dynamite combination.

The Squirrel Girl/Howard the Duck crossover is actually a crossover that I am happy to see, since both characters are inherently absurd.

CalvinPitt said...

I'm curious to see what Waid and Samnee do with Natasha. I tend to like Natasha in theory, but more as part of an ensemble or as a supporting character. Her solo books have never exactly grabbed me.