Friday, December 15, 2017

Still Truckin' Along

It's the end of Year 12 here at Reporting on Marvels and Legends. I keep expecting to run out of steam, but it hasn't happened yet.

Posting continued at a six days a week pace. Meant to review more of the trades I bought, but that didn't happen. Lot of movie reviews this year, which we'll reflect on at the end of the calendar year. My hope was that, having settled in more, I would find time to write stories. Did not happen. As it turns out, it's harder for me to write when I have fewer free hours in the day, rather than easier. Who knew?

Hopefully in the coming year I'll make time.

I did try posting some of my sketching, a decision I've had second thoughts about since the moment I did it. I took from it I need to work on my shading. The big development is that I did finally purchase a scanner, which means no more posting lousy photographs of pages from the comics. Hooray! I need to change that tagline under my blog's title. Oh, and I added all the labels I've used for my posts onto the blog sidebar, so hopefully it's much easier to find old posts you like. Spent some time talking about my experiences with D&D, and looking at how bad I've been at dropping ongoing series I wasn't enjoying. Wrote a few posts about Steven Universe, finally, and since there are new episodes coming, I might get to that again soon.

I worked through Foyle's War, Earthworm Jim, and God, the Devil, and Bob on the Episode Rundowns, and then decided to shelve that feature for now. It was starting to feel like a bit of a chore, never a good sign, and I wanted to go with something different.

In the successes category, only three years after I first mentioned it, I'm getting to the Alternate Favorite Character posts. Based on how long the Deadshot post that went up Sunday took, I'm going to shoot for doing one a month. The other Sundays go to posting splash pages from all the various series I own, and maybe I'll talk a little about them, or my experience with them. I'm not planning to be long-winded about it - that would defeat the purpose - but we'll see how it goes this Sunday.

In the year ahead, things'll be a lot like they have been. Comic reviews, albeit with more images. Movie, book, game reviews will continue. The D&D stories and pull list follies have another post or two left in them. I'm going to keep doing the hypothetical team posts, hopefully every other month. Beyond that, I'll play it by ear like I always have. The ability to write about whatever notion enters my mind is one of the best things about this blog.

Thanks as always for reading and commenting. I know people have got a lot of stuff going on, it's nice people take a few minutes to read these. Let's wrap this up with a few scattered posts from the year I was happy with, that don't fit into any of the larger categories (books, movies, reviews) readily.

I can't decide if I want this to turn out to be right or not
Discussing proper use of movie references
Not much chance of this with Infinity War
I think the title alone makes it worth it
I'd still like to see this showdown
It is the fan's job to be unreasonable at all times
I like Krillin.
I finally understand the Robin on Teen Titans Go!
All roads lead to bad places for Deadpool
But if those roads are built on Cable's corpse, I'm OK with that

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Congrats on frequent posting! I an ashamed to admit that I have been running out of steam...rapidly.

CalvinPitt said...

Thanks, Sally. I hear ya. There's so much else going on that takes up time, making myself sit and concentrate enough to write something isn't always easy. It doesn't help I can't seem to find as much to get excited about in comics these days, either.