Thursday, December 07, 2006

Adult Supervision Has Been Demanded

Sigh. Between the news that a Hideous Baby Penguin was on the premises recently, and the concern that Immortal Iron Fist may be sending the wrong message about giant killer robots, Intimidating Mama Panda has decided that she will be presiding over this week's unfortunately brief review.

ABP, could you get your Ma to stop glowering at me? It's kind of... well, intimidating.

Nicodemus West - Because his eyes are two different colors. And he can do coin tricks. And summon giant, fire-breathing, tentacled things. {Note: Different colored eyes is probably a sign of some mystical hoopa-joop gone awry, and should not be imitated by impressionable young pandas. Or a sign of a genetic mutation or protein coding twist. Man, Mama is a real buzzkill}.

Marcos Martin - For beautifully expressive faces. They convey so much, and lend the proper weight to Vaughn's words. {Adorable Baby Panda said that a lot better than I did yesterday. Blasted poetic little panda, I oughta... Give you a bug hug and some ice cream! But not until after you finish your vegetables! Cripes, IMP is throwing me off my game.}

Telepathy, Magic Style - Actually, physically going inside someone's mind? Completely awesome. Being able to lock someone's physical body within their own mind? A little creepy, but darn cool nonetheless. {I totally agree.}

The Other Juggernauts - Stone armor is cool. {And it beats walking around naked. What?! It does! You wouldn't want ABP exposed to that would you?! Intimidating Mama Panda is now approximately three inches from my face.} But Juggernaut armor with a butterfly on it? Uncool. Fellow needs some fashion advice more than a hug. {The swords are a nice touch, if a bit overkill for someone with Juggernaut power. It's like giving Wolverine a sword... oh wait, they did that already. Never mind}.

Dane Whitman - He told Excalibur to stop their petty infighting, and he did it with a loud, brash display of force. {Wonder if he could do that for the Teen Titans?} And he says even the Champions weren't as bad as this group? Poor Black Knight, always stuck on the tworst teams. That sounds like a cry for a hug if an Adorable Baby Panda ever heard one. {ABP is even offering some of that ice cream I mentioned. I wonder what happens when I mention I don't have any ice cream? Oh right, I get mauled by Mama. I wonder if I can run through my front door before she gets me?}

Oh and ABP would like to give a big smack in the face to Dazzler for fighting dirty and grabbing Nocturne's hair. That's must be against the Panda Rules of Engagement. {So, if she'd just powered up a photon burst and let Teej have it in the back of the head, that would have been better? OK, I'm going to end this before I say something that gets me hurt.}

See, Terribly Intimidating Mama Panda That's Teeth Are Right Next To My Neck? Nice, friendly comics. Nothing gratuitous, or bloody, or profane here. So you certainly won't need to be here next time, right?

2 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Ooooo, busted!

CalvinPitt said...

fortress: Definitely. But we seem to have moved to state of peace now, so hopefully, no repeats of this situation.