Saturday, February 10, 2007

This Cuteness, However, Must Be Stopped

So, it's Wednesday in Marvels and Legends. I'm downstairs, chatting about this and that with Len and Jack. I think we were talking about how "Slade's hypos" are a better explanation for weird stuff than "Superboy-Prime punched a wall", and who might have been a better choice as the architect of Marvel's "No more mutants".

Somehow, we get to a point where Jack mentions a set of Marvel Legends figures that each come with a piece of Mojo, who Len very much dislikes. I don't have much of an opinion about Mojo one way or the other, only having read a couple of comics that prominently involved him. He's a character that sounds kind of interesting in theory, but may be lacking in execution. Whatever, not the point. So Jack mentions that along with the Mojo piece, there was originally going to be included something that would have really bugged Len - an X-Baby.

At this point, I was forced to cry ignorance, as I've understand the general concept when someone says X-Baby, but I've never really seen one. Except for one time, when Jean was telepathically linked with Dazzler, and there was an X-Baby version of Apocalypse, or something like that. It was the last story before Morrison and Casey started writing the X-books, so let's just forget it.

Anyway, Jack and Len explain the idea, Jack describing them as "chibi X-Men", I agree it sounds horrific, so on and so forth. Then, Len mentions something about how they certainly shouldn't try the X-Baby concept with the current X-Men roster. So we get a chuckle out of the idea of X-Baby Sabertooth, then I bring up the idea of chibi-Cable, with a gun bigger than he is. That got a laugh, especially when Len suggested Cable would take a page from Wade's book and just kill it as soon as he saw it. Or that Wade would pick it up and give it a big hug, until it blew a hole in his chest. Then he'd snap it's neck, all while babbling about how cute it was.

This tomfoolery lead to somehow a discussion of Wade with telepathy, with the theory that he'd slap on that Marvel Girl outfit he took from the X-Mansion (the one she was wearing when the X-Men tried to defend her from execution by the Shi'ar, the one with a skirt), and cruise around in a wheelchair, fingers to his temple shouting "To me, my X-Men!!!"

Yes, we're all completely insane. What of it?

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I am assuming that alcohol was somehow involved?

CalvinPitt said...

salyyp: No booze! You'll know if I'm drunk because I'll do a post with nothing but parentheses about how much I like Superman.