Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Was It About Money? A Woman? A Hog?

In the movie Die Hard, there's a scene where Hans is sitting in Holly's office, just biding his time, and there's a mini-tv on behind him. On the mini-tv, there are two guys squaring off. One's wearing overalls, the other a plaid wool shirt. One of them says 'Now I'm not gonna warn/ask/tell* you again', then someone gets punched in the face.

What TV show was that? Was it a real TV show, or just something the cast put together for grins? I've watched Die Hard I don't know how many times, and when I see that scene, I always wonder what show it was, and why those two guys were fighting.

* The guy only says one of those, I just can't recall which. It's been awhile since I've seen it.

4 comments:

SallyP said...

There was a show going on in the background? I never would have noticed, because I am usually too busy drooling over Alan Rickman.

*sigh*

(Imagine little hearts floating around)

Jason said...

You know, I fully intended to break out my Die Hard DVD after the Cubs game last night and take a look, but I was too despondent after their collapse.

Anyhoo, I would wager (without having any memory of this) that it's a clip from another Joel Silver movie, as he tends to pepper those in a lot of his flicks (especially the Lethal Weapon movies).

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Well, at least you had a good reason. Alan Rickman IS awesome.

jason: For some reason, I never even considered that it might have been a movie. I just always assumed it was a TV show. How odd.

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly sure that's Lee Majors in a "Fall Guy" rerun.