Thursday, August 06, 2009

My Legs Are Killing Me, And There's Just One Cure

Potassium? {I was thinking some panda healing magic myself.} Oh. {Well, chop, chop.} I don't know how to do that! They don't teach those sorts of things until much later. Besides, I'm going to learn to be a great warrior, not a medic. {Hey, medics are important! You could do worse than becoming a doctor. Without them, who's going to patch you up so you can keep fighting?} I'll never be injured. {Ah, the imbecility of youth. Can we hurry this along? I want to lay down.} You should take water when you go for a bike ride in the summer. {Obviously yes, that would be the smart thing, but remember what I said about imbecility and youth?} You aren't young anymore. {Now that hurts.}

Sorry. {Forget it. It's true, I'm old now. It's terrible.} At least you didn't get blown up like Black Bolt and Vulcan. {Oh, they're just drifting outside the universe somewhere.} I'm still giving Medusa a Hug. I'd give Vulcan a Bonk for not knowing when to quit, but I don't think there's any point. {I'm telling you, we aren't so lucky as to have him die. So give him a whack. He'll feel it, somehow.} I think Deadshot needs a Hug, after Wonder Woman wouldn't let him shoot her. {I think Jeanette needs a Hug more, myself.} Yeah, she really does, but she's kind of scary right now. {What, she was passed out at the end of the issue? How scary can she be?} What if she wakes up? {Remain calm, act friendly, hope Scandal's around to talk her down if things go bad.} I don't want things to go bad!

{Who does? But some things just happen. Besides, I'd be more concerned about the angry red head with the firearms.} And that's another reason I don't wanna go! {Then don't. I won't force you. This is your show. How about we move on?} Sure, the Exiles saved a world, so they get some Applause. Morph gets a Bonk for not being more helpful the first time around. {Thank you.} Jimmy Woo can probably use a Hug. {Yeah, his girlfriend's out to kill him and take all his stuff. That's rough.} Applause for Gorilla Man saving those backpackers from the zombie thing. {Wait, the Agents just left the Hulk in the desert.} He was already in the desert. {Yeah, but Bob held out the promise of a way to control the Hulk, then they bailed.} Oh, it wouldn't work. It would get broken, or Banner would need the Hulk and have to take it off anyway. It's not like they gave it to him, then took it back. It's not a big deal.

No comments: