Monday, November 08, 2010

I Didn't Expect To See That On The Side Of A Van

I took my vehicle in for some maintenance today, and since it would be awhile, I decided to have some breakfast. I'm standing in line, waiting for my order when a van pulls up outside. It represented a group that does airbrush work, be it for shirts, helmets, vehicles, whatever. On the side of the van was a picture of two guys fighting, both wearing masks and looking quite angry. I couldn't shake the feeling I'd seen the picture before somewhere, and it finally hit me.

Yes, they used the cover from Countdown #31 as a reference for the design. It was just Jason Todd and Owlman, not the buildings visible in the background. I'm not sure whether I'm more concerned about their choice of image, or the fact I recognized it despite avoiding Countdown as best I could. Did they love Countdown, or just the cover? Maybe it was a random selection, one they thought would demonstrate their skills.

They did a pretty fair job, not that I'm an expert. It was good enough I could recognize the reference, anyway.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Firstly, I 'm simply stunned that anyone would chose something from Countdown to immortalize. Secondly...I mean...Owlman? And Jason? When Kyle was right there, with his beautiful behind?

I'm...flustered.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: It's a mad, mad, world.