Saturday, May 07, 2011

They Tie Back Together At The End

The last of the posts I had ready to go. So I'll have to type something up tomorrow. Today, a few random things.

Watched Rio Bravo with Alex last night. Not sure how much he liked it. I knw he enjoyed it somen, but I don't think it worked for him as much as Sergio Leone Westerns do. He does have a greater appreciation for Dean Martin's singing voice than I do, though.

They set off those warning sirens this morning, I guess for the monthly test since nothing was happening at the time. Most of the towns I've been in, they run them for a minute, maybe less. Just enough to make sure they work. Here, they let it go for three or four minutes, which started to get irritating after awhile since I was talking a walk at the time. The amount of testing seemed wholly unnecessary, so I think it was just someone being a bit of a jerk. They can mess with everyone's day, and all they have to do is let the damn Armageddon horn keep going. It's probably the only bit of power they have, and like Nathan Burdette said, every man should have a taste of power before the end.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Love that film, one of my all-time favourites.

CalvinPitt said...

Matthew: I think it's my favorite John Wayne movie (that or The Quiet Man), probably in my Top 5 Westerns.