Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm Just Letting My Mind Run

A month ago, The Road Warrior was running on some channel. While I was watching it, I thought about the possibility that it took place on the same world as The Planet of the Apes. Look, I don't know why that would occur to me. It was probably around the time James Franco was helping a super-intelligent chimp escape extermination so it could conquer San Francisco.

Looking at the extent of the apes' civilization, I think it's entirely probably they never made it as far as Australia. Not because they aren't smart enough to build craft to get that far, but they don't seem particularly adventurous. If they even know Australia exists, what they hell would they want to go all the way down there for? They have their little empire, plenty of idiot humans to hunt down and experiment on, they don't need to go anywhere. Plus, there was that whole Forbidden Zone/cursed land/land of telepathic illusion fire, that discouraged exploration.

Road Warrior mentioned stuff about social disorder, uprisings, energy shortages, 'two mighty tribes' going to war, maybe nukes were involved. Sure, maybe one of the "tribes" was the Apes. I don't know what effect North America being conquered by intelligent non-human primates would have on the world, but I could imagine it being destabilizing. Hmm, what's a good post-apocalyptic movie set in Africa or Europe? We'll tie them all together, make a half-baked version of Kamandi's world.

It'd be nice if there were some humans left on Earth who aren't the barely sentient human lab rats, or those telepathic jackasses who worship a nuclear missile. There were at least a few decent, intelligent folks left in Australia, so it's a marginally better cross-section of humanity.

No comments: