Wednesday, April 15, 2015

31 Days of Scans - Power or Ability I'd Steal

This is an easy one. If I can have any power, it's teleportation.

Ah, teleportation, for when super-speed won't get you there fast enough. Though I want world-spanning teleportation capabilities - at a bare minimum - so maybe I ought to post a Lila Cheney picture instead.

There we go. I've never been good at that "it's the journey, not the destination" philosophy. If I'm going somewhere, it's for a reason, and I want to get there sooner rather than later. Also, I get a bit paranoid about not getting places on time. So there's no better power for those problems than the one that'll get me wherever I want to go, instantaneously.

Also, teleportation offers plenty of opportunities for pranks. My coworkers use to say they'd get really fat if they could teleport, because they'd never walk anywhere. Want a beer? Just 'port to the fridge and back. Finished checking that array? Don't walk back up the hill to the truck, teleport! But I actually enjoy walking, so I don't think that'll be an issue. Besides, it has to use up energy to teleport, however you do it, so that'll probably be a calorie burn.

First panel is from Nightcrawler #1, by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (writer), Darick Robertson (penciler), Wayne Paucher (inker), Matt Milla (colors), Cory Petit (letters). Second panel from Captain Marvel #9, by Kelly Sue DeConnick (writer), David Lopez (art), Lee Loughridge (color art), Joe Caramagna (letterer). I have no idea what the third image is from, I just found it online when I searched for teleportation.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Never really thought about it, but teleportation is actually a pretty useful power.

CalvinPitt said...

Yeah, as long as I have some way to make sure I don't 'port inside a solid object. That would probably hurt a lot.