Wednesday, May 27, 2015

31 Days of Scans - Day 12

This took a while to decide on. If a location is going to be worth visiting, it probably has super-heroes and villains around which makes it exceedingly dangerous. Who in their right mind wants to go to Gotham City, or Marvel’s New York? You’d be dead in minutes, if you’re lucky. I considered Cynosure, but I go around the wrong corner and I’m in a dimension actively hostile to me. Then I thought of it. A most perfect, wonderful place. Give me the choice of where to go, I’m going nowhere.

Sorry, I mistyped that. I meant Knowhere.

Knowhere! A mecca set at the edge of the universe, floating within the head of a decapitated space god. A place where beings from all across time and space come to contemplate, to study, to buy and sell anything and everything. You can get it there, no matter what “it” is, or how distant the backwater world it hails from.

You can get anywhere, thanks to the teleport capabilities of the Continuum Cortex.

If there are any problems, it has the number one top dog in all the universe running security. What more could I ask for?

Drax learns the extent of wares available in Guardians of the Galaxy #2, by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (writers), Paul Pelletier (penciler), Rick Magyar (inker), Nathan Fairbairn (colorist), Joe Caramagna (letterer). We get our first true look at Knowhere in Nova #8, and Cosmo explains their transport system to Rich in Nova #9, both written by Abnett and Lanning, penciled by Wellinton Alves, colored by Guru eFX, and lettered by Cory Petit. Scott Hanna inked issue 8, and Wellington Dian and Nelson Pererra inked issue 9.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Hey, someone raided the Guardian's closets! The DC Guardian's that is.

CalvinPitt said...

That was my thought, too. Though the Guardians might be better suited to working at the space equivalent of an airport terminal than as self-appointed bosses for intergalactic cops.