Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'll Answer These Questions, You'll Read The Answers, We'll Call It A Day

I'm very disappointed in myself, misspelling "common" in the title of yesterday's post. So sloppy.

I saw this at Sunset Over Slawit, and I'm running a little low on inspiration today, so here we are.

1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?

Well, my car and I are approaching our 75,000 mile anniversary, if that counts.

2) What was your dream growing up?

To play shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals.

3) What talent do you wish you had?

Assuming spider-powers are off the board, I'll stick with my answer to last week's hypothetical: dancing.

4) If I bought you a drink, what would it be?

Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, most likely. I am the eternal designated driver, aided by the fact I've yet to meet an alcoholic beverage I didn't think tasted terrible.

5) Favorite vegetable?

See, now I'm confused. That Manwich commercial says corn is a grain, but two online sources say it's a veggie. Whatever, I'll stick with potatoes.

6) What was the last book you read?

The Forgotten War, by Hermann Joseph Hiery, which I discussed March 12th. I'm working my way through Greg Bear's Eon right now.

7) What zodiac sign are you?

Gemini.

8) Any tattoos and/or piercings?

No. I hate needles.

9) Worst habit?

Some combination of my impatience, my temper, and my profanity. Manifests most commonly while driving, as I become quickly annoyed by other drivers, curse about it, then get over it, all in about ten seconds.

10) If you saw me walking down the street, would you offer me a ride?

I'm guessing I don't know you, or don't like you if I do, so no.

11) What is your favorite sport?

To watch, American football, preferably professional. To play, basketball.

12) Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?

I'm very much of the "hope for the best, expect the worst" school, so you tell me.

13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?

I'd sit in one corner, and ignore you as much as possible.

14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?

So far, either sliding down the hill into that fence with the nails sticking out, or the car accident.

15) Tell me one weird fact about you.

When I talk to myself, I sometimes can't remember or decide what word I want to say next. In those cases, the first word to come out will always be "thirteen", regardless of the fact it rarely has any connection to whatever I was sorting out.

16) Do you have any pets?

Only when I look after my father's many, many dogs.

17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?

If we're still assuming I don't know you, or dislike you if I do know you, I wouldn't open the door, as I'd figure you either want to sell magazines, or talk to me about Jesus.

18) What was your first impression of me?

That you like to ask questions.

19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?

Scary. Which makes me sad, because they only wanted to entertain.

20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?

Something to do with my hair, besides having more of it, I mean. Maybe a different color, or it being more curly? Or maybe go shorter. Hell, I don't know. Changing one thing isn't nearly enough.

21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?

If my friendship with Alex is any indication, I'd be the wet blanket, trying to talk you out of world domination.

22) What color eyes do you have?

Blue-green. More blue to the edges, a hint of yellow or hazel towards the center.

23) Ever been arrested?

No. I'm the wet blanket, or the Straight Edge as I explained to Alex' other friends. It sounds cooler than wet blanket.

24) Bottle or can soda?

Either. Both. I don't care, just gimme it!

25) If you won $100,000 today, what would you do with it?

Buy some DJ equipment for Alex, buy some books and DVDs for myself, find someone to finish building the fence around my dad's property (he's sure as hell never going to finish it), buy a place for my mom in the desert, throw whatever's left in the bank.

26) What's your favorite place to hang out at?

My room. Though any place that's quiet, relatively clean, and not bug-infested would suffice.

27) Do you believe in ghosts?

Sure, why not?

28) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

Maintain this blog, I suppose. Or walk.

29) Do you swear a lot?

Not when I'm around people who wouldn't approve. The rest of the time, more than I'd like.

30) Biggest pet peeve?

Minivans. Nothing good ever happens to me when minivans are around. That or the elderly, especially when they're driving.

31) In one word, how would you describe yourself?

Frustrated.

32) Do you believe/appreciate romance?

Yes.

33) Do you believe in God?

Sure, why not?

No comments: