Monday, March 22, 2010

Like A Rubber Ball, I've Bounced Back To You

Thanks to the folks who answered last week's hypothetical. Now I'm reconsidering my choice. An excellent singing voice is tempting.

As usual, I'm tired. I only manage to adjust to Alex' schedule for fun to the extent of staying up until 3 AM. I can't seem to master the "sleep 'til 11 AM" part. What's done is done, but what was done?

I had fish tacos for the first time, and they were excellent. Played Rock Band 2, and was able to do enough as vocalist to avoid wrecking the song for the other players. This usually involved me humming the song, except for the rare occasions where I knew the words. Apparently, i can't read the lyrics off the screen while simultaneously singing them in proper key.

Alex continued to kick my butt on Wii Sports Bowling, but I'm able to return the favor on Golf, so it all evens out. He laughs at me letting go of the ball too soon four times in a row, I laugh at his continual missing of putts from all distances.

We tried developed roughly five variants on the exploding respect knuckles, including "Vroom, Vroom, I just bought new tires", and "That Attractive Lady Made The Crappy Movie More Bearable" Respect Knuckles.

Played a game, the name of which I forget, where one tries to get their partner to guess a phrase before time runs out, so you can pass the device to the other team, and the team with the device when time runs out loses. Through this game learned a relative of Alex' does not know what state Indianapolis is in. They were trying to get me to guess "Minnesota Vikings", and told me the state was where one finds Indianapolis. They're 24.

Berated by Alex' neighbor, after the two of them made salsa, for picking up a chip and eating it without salsa. Then berated for not putting enough salsa on when I did dip. Was not sorry when neighbor went back to his apartment to most likely drink alone in the dark.

Watched some movies, which I'll discuss tomorrow. I can't say any of them were good offhand. Monsters vs. Aliens probably was, but I only caught the last 40 minutes or so. Saturday morning, stumbled across Turtles Forever, that TV movie where the Ninja Turtles from the more recent series team-up with the ones from the late 80s (early 90s) series. Didn't not remember the Shredder from the old series being so Cobra Commander like, and not in a good way. Blithering, whiny incompetent.

Laughed heartily when Alex's sister's cat made it outside, only to be frightened so badly by the hundreds of blackbirds in the trees (which all began squawking loudly when they saw it) that it tried to climb the screen door to get away.

Other than the lack of sleep, and the cold, gray weather on Saturday and Sunday, had an excellent time.

No comments: