Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doesn't Seem His Memory Is Coming Back To Clue Us In

What do you think happened to Major Victory? The Guardians found him on a chunk of land that just happened to be Avengers Mansion, and which just happened to be drifting between universes, and came through a rift into the 616-universe. I don't recall the Major every regaining his memories, despite his frequent visits to Starhawk to see if it jarred something loose.

I don't think he's from the version of the future Star-Lord and some of the others were brought to around GotG #16. There's a chance, since in that future Avenegrs Mansion is also floating on a small bit of real estate out in space, and a Major Victory existed there, so maybe he could have been lost in whatever there is between universes. But why would he have been the only member of the team to survive? What happened to throw Avengers Mansion out of its universe in the first place?

2 comments:

Seangreyson said...

When he first showed up, I assumed he was the Major Victory from the original GotG lineup.

I don't know what would have caused all of his memory issues, etc (I don't recall anything at the end of that run that would explain it).

I'd guess if it's going to come out, the developing Rift situation will be tied in.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: I didn't think it could be that Vance because I thought they found a way to get him out of that suit without him decaying at a startling rate.

I know at one point he had a sleeveless Captain America suit, only with a head band instead of a cowl. Oh, and a trenchcoat. Sleeveless also, I think.