Thursday, July 12, 2012

Surviving Digestion Isn't Much Trouble For Mr. Miracle

I don't know how some people post more than once a day. I'm typing this Sunday and my brain's melting. I mentioned I'd be without regular Internet access soon. Well, that starts tomorrow. So I've been trying to get things lined out ahead of time. I did 4 Burn Notice posts last Sunday, 4 more yesterday, plus the DC and Marvel comic review posts. This is the second post this morning. Yeesh.

Anyway, I figured it would be too late for this, but then they skipped the Justice League story in Batman Beyond Unlimited this month, so I still have time. So, I expect Mister Miracle to reappear by the end of the story. We were told (and shown) he strapped himself to a missile and launched himself at the Serpent, only to be swallowed by it. Now, does anyone really think Mr. Miracle can't escape that? Escaping death is what he does.

Making this the one time he can't escape would certainly be one way to emphasize how badly things are going, but still, the fact the combined forces of Apokolips and New Genesis couldn't stop it would cover that base. I expect Scott Free will make some sort of triumphant appearance at a critical moment, as it turns out he's been working away at the Serpent from within this whole time.

Of course, it could simply be a case where nothing is as it seems. I mean, Highfather appears to be Darkseid now, and Darkseid is dressed as Orion, so clearly something has gone wonky since they used the Anti-Life Equation. And it was Darkseid who told us Mr. Miracle was dead, so we have to at least question the source of the information.

No comments: