Thursday, October 03, 2013

My Subconscious Doesn't Need Any Help Killing My Childhood

Two nights a go I had a dream that involved me settling under a tree, wrapped in a bear skin that had been conveniently left draped nearby. Then I settled in to watch roughly a dozen bobcats appear and stand around for a few minutes, with me futilely trying to get my camera out while the ground beneath turned to ice. Then a black panther appeared and was very happy to see me.

I spent entirely too much time today trying to figure out why a panther would be so glad to see me. There wasn't anything forthcoming in the dream. there was something about it being separated from its parents, then rescued by some lady, which guaranteed its parents would never come back for it, but I wasn't involved in that.

For some reason, I've been thinking about Tale Spin recently, which took the characters from The Jungle Book and put them in a world of roughly 1930s-ish sky pirates. I like the theme song. It's been awhile since I watched either of those, but I remember Baloo being pretty good pals with Bagheera, the black panther. Which makes me wonder if the panther came over because I was wearing the skin of its best friend, and the scent confused it.

I hope that isn't it, the panther probably represents stress seeking me out no matter how I try to disguise myself, but with my brain, I have to consider the possibility.

2 comments:

Clover said...

Spotted your write – ups, it’s cool. Very beneficial and interesting there are some ideas I haven’t heard before. Thanks for sharing.

clover
www.n8fan.net

Unknown said...

It was a nice and refreshing feeling after I read your article. Thank you for sharing this to us. Keep posting. Im looking forward for more update. Thank you so much.


Bom
www.imarksweb.org