Friday, March 06, 2015

I've Been Remiss In My Huckstering

I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago, two months out, but I got distracted. Sorry.

This year marks the 10th Anniversary of the first Cape Girardeau Comic Convention, and this year's Cape Con will be at the Osage Center in Cape Girardeau, MO, from April 17th through the 19th. I'm going to do my best to be there, barring complications. It looks as though they're going to have some cool guests. Jeremy Haun is back, Cullen Bunn's going to be there. Doug Paszkiewicz will be there again, he's the creator of Arsenic Lullaby, and his Devil's Decade collection ranked as my second favorite trade I bought last year. 

There are quite a few other guests as well (feel free to follow this link to the official website), and as usual, there's a sizable group of local talent, both writers and artists, that'll have tables to show off their work. That's where most of my money seems to go these days, if only because they usually don't charge as much, so my money goes further. On those lines, tickets for Saturday are up to $10, which is up from the $5 it's historically been. But that's still seriously cheap compared to most of the conventions around here. There's one in K.C. next week that's like 30 bucks to get in, not counting the cost of parking. And Cape Con is still $5 for admission on Friday and Sunday, if that suits your schedule better.

No comments: