Monday, March 02, 2009

That's What Happens When You Invite Adam Warlock

This other cocoon that the Universal Church of Truth thought was Adam Warlock, we all know who that is, right? They're resting/regenerating/evolving in a cocoon just like Adam Warlock was. They aren't polite when people do things they don't like, and they represented by the color purple.

You know him, you love him, he's the evil Adam Warlock expelled from his soul, coalesced into a physical form, let's give a big round of applause to our returning threat to existence, the Magus! Come on folks, give him a big hand!

Seriously, applaud or he'll probably kill us.

Now my immediate reaction to this, was "This is why we don't need Adam Warlock around". See, Magus, to me, means Infinity War, and that's not really something I was real enamored of, seeing as it saddled Spider-Man with that stupid six-armed, mindless doppelganger for months, maybe years. Of course, assuming I'm right*, I don't believe that's what Lanning and Abnett have planned. I hope it isn't, as I don't think we need Infinity War 2: The Redoppelganging.

I should have confidence that they have something really cool planned. I don't know what that would be, though. Would he corrupt the Church? They haven't done anything other than attack the Guardians thus far, so that doesn't seem like it would have much dramatic impact. Magus strikes me as more of a conqueror than a "destroy existence" type, so I can't see him trying to stop the Guardians from fixing the rifts** in the fabric of the universe. Maybe he'll take advantage of the state of things after War of Kings. I'm guessing the Shi'ar will be reeling, and even if the Kree and Inhumans win, they're still trying to recover from the beatings they took from Annihilus and Ultron. Maybe Magus is what's going to help the Badoon become a bigger threat now, instead of 1000 years from now?

* And that's a big assumption, since I'm something like 5 for 700 on my predictions on this blog.

** Book has drifted away from that the last few months, hasn't it?

No comments: