Saturday, December 04, 2010

I Am Slightly Irritated By This Mild Inconvenience. Fear Me!

Has anyone spent much time navigating Marvel's website since they changed it? If so, what do you think?

I know with the old layout, if you wanted to look for trades of specific material, the search function was lousy, but for what I used the website for, it did OK. That was mostly checking to see what's coming out each week, and to grab covers to use in my review posts. And I'd check their wallpaper section every so often.

That being the case, I haven't been all that happy with the new setup. The site doesn't have either of the comics from Marvel I bought this week listed as being released this week. Until I reached the store, I was sure Heroes for Hire #1 had been delayed*, but nope, there it is. I looked for them by series name, and I looked for She-Hulks #2 under Harrison Wilcox (the writer), since they provided a search by creator option. Didn't produce results.

I'm sure it's a work in progress, but I wouldn't think keeping a list of what's for sale in a given week would be that difficult. It's only a minor inconvenience, I know, but it was handy being able to hope over there real quick, and see how things were shaking out for the month.

*I guessed that Shadowland was behind schedule, which is a safe bet for a Marvel event series, you know?

No comments: