Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Before I Lose Contact

Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday. The internet's been kind of erratic.

I was watching Ax Men again on Sunday, and caught last week's episode, which meant I got to see Craig Rygaard get whacked in the back of the skull by the 50-ton loader. He was surprisingly OK. I thought it was pretty apt since (thanks to the magic of editing, no doubt) he'd been ripping on Dave again just prior to that. The usual stuff, that Dave's an idiot, he's useless, Craig could do Dave's job in half the time*. Then Craig goes and pulls a boner like that. Wasn't even wearing a hardhat at the time. Like he said, you can't fix stupid.

It does look like Dave's going to get himself fired. I don't quite know what his problem is. Maybe he lacks awareness, but he does seem to make some really bad decisions sometimes.

* Considering Craig has a couple of decades experience on Dave, and would n doubt say he's several times smarter than Dave, he really ought to be able to do the work faster. With those advantages, I'd be embarrassed if I couldn't.

No comments: