Saturday, April 16, 2011

Not So Incognito As He Thought

Dogwatch, Day 2: Slept better last night. Did so by going to bed at 10:30, so I got a whole two hours before Hooch started barking for some non-apparent reason. I went to the living room to see if he needed to go out, and he was laying on a pillow, barking and wagging his tail. Did that two more times in the next 90 minutes. I think he's screwing with me.

In other matters I think I know my favorite Simpsons scene ever. I don't have anything solid to back this up, other than how often it comes to mind. The episode where we discover Marge's fear of flying starts with Homer being banned from Moe's Bar for a prank. We watch as Homer fails to find a suitable new bar (including Cheers).

As funny as I find that whole search, it's the part with Guy Incognito that's my favorite. A man that looks like Homer, except with a mustache and English accent, entering Moe's looking for a drink, and being pummeled by the rest of the patrons who think he is Homer. And of course, Homer walks by just as they toss Guy out the door, giving him the rare chance to meet his exact double. Which he passes up to chase a dog with a puffy tail.

I think it's how completely unaware Guy is of what's going to happen as he enters the bar. He's so sure he'll be able to get a drink, and received a beating instead. I'm surprised that wasn't a preexisting character name from a spy novel. Or at least a parody of a spy novel. It's perfect for that.

No comments: