Monday, April 18, 2011

I Should Have Saved Yesterday's Title For A Daredevil Post

Dogwatch is over! Just in time, too. Charlie had been pretty subdued, but last night he was starting to act more like his usual self. Which means he was barking his head off everytime I brought Eddie or Joey past the kitchen. At least they pay him no mind. Still irritating. It's too bad though, I think Charlie and I were starting to get along. I'd let him walk a lot, which he seemed to like, and he's the one dog in that house I apparently can't walk into the ground*, which is impressive.

Did anyone see that Burn Notice movie, The Fall of Sam Axe, last night? I enjoyed it, and of course he wound up in the whole mess by fooling around with an Admiral's wife (he didn't know she was married!). I'm disappointed he taught those resistance fighters the prevent defense. What the hell Sam?! All right-thinking Americans know the prevent defense is crap. It prevents nothing but your own victory.

It was nice that Sam again demonstrated his ability to take a beating for a good cause**, by stalling until help arrived. At first I thought it was the U.S. military, and I was torn because here was the U.S. throwing its weight around. Then I told myself it was for a good cause, dealing with corrupt military types. Then I remembered the U.S. probably helped install those guys. Then I figured out the armed helicopters actually belonged to the police, and the whole internal debate was moot.

This is probably it for posting for at least a couple of days. Figure on posting resuming Thursday, maybe Friday.

* Eddie and Joey like to walk too, and we go pretty much as far as they want, but it's more than they can handle. After a few days of that, they were really dragging.
** You knew the bad guys were really bad because as Sam was picking himself up, the lead man rushed up and kicked him in the ribs to send him tumbling. That's a tactic favored in fiction exclusively by bad guys. Which is probably why I always think of it as a dirtier tactic than aiming for the groin.

No comments: