Saturday, September 23, 2006

Who's Going To Accept Responsibility For This?

Ugh. Such weird dreams last night. Too bad the Cardinals pitching staff isn't nearly as good in real life as they were in my Oreo-induced nightmares.

X-Factor #11, page 14.

Pietro has just put the kibosh on Guido's rampage. Pietro explains that apparently his power to restore mutant powers, when used on a mutant with powers, would cause a sort of overload in the mutant. To this, Layla replies 'Are ye sayin' ye can take down any mutant...' (monet finished the sentence.)

OK, when did Layla start talking with a Scottish brogue? OK, it's likely safe to assume it was supposed to be Rahne speaking, since I can't see any reason for Layla to mimic Rahne' speech. So who's to blame for the screwup here?

I'll admit I don't understand the process that goes into making a comic book (guess I didn't pay enough attention to Kevin Smith movies), so I don't know the order things happen in.

Did Peter David pen the line, Arlem draw the picture and David just not notice who was in the picture when he the dialogue was added?

2 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Without seeing it, I'd say it's likely the letterer's fault. The context as you describe it makes it seem like an art gaffe.

But either way, this is the kind of thing the used to pay editors to spot and fix. I've long wondered what Marvel's editors actually do nowadays.

CalvinPitt said...

kelvin: Marvel editors? Do such things exist?