Friday, January 18, 2008

And Here's To You, Baby Panda

{A toast, for the panda with the most!} Are you drinking? {It's just sparkling grape juice. I'm no bad influence!} Can I have some? {Did you bring your sippy cup?} I don't need a sippy cup! {Seeing as it's my carpet you'd be spilling on, I say you do.} . . . Fine. Here's the sippy cup. {And here's some juice. We good to go?} Just as soon as I do one thing. {Don't take the lid off the sippy cup! That defeats the whole purpose of the sippy cup!} Ha ha ha!

{Why must you torment me?} Because it secretly lightens up your life. {Lightens up your life, you mean.} That too. I think Chesbro needs a Hug. He looked so surprised someone wanted him dead, but he tried to warn Spider-Girl about the contract on her, so he also gets some Applause. And since she has a contract on her head, and she saved Chesbro's life, Applause and Hugs for Spider-Girl, too. {Not to doubt your judgment, but don't you think you're being a little loose with the hugs and applause?} No! I'm also going to Applaud Deadpool for showing Ka-Zar a good way to stop the bad guy from escaping on a pterodactyl. But he also has to get a Bonk for setting dinosaurs loose in New York City. [What? It was a mistake! And I'm going to clean it up next issue!] {Besides, after the damage Girltron wreaked on NYC in Mighty Avengers, not to mention the Hulk, is anyone going to notice some dinosaurs?} [That's right! Wait, Girltron?] {Ultron hacked Iron Man's brain, and made him into a new Ultron body, that looked like a naked Janet van Dyne.} [Why?! And is there evidence?] {Frank Cho, and I'm sure you can find pictures somewhere, Wade.} [Then I'm off!] What about the dinosaurs? [I'll take care of them next month!]

{Moving on?} Yeah, I think so. I think Davos needs at least a little Hug after the beating he took. And the Prince of Orphans needs some Applause for being awesome. {Do pandas know how to turn into green lightning?} I'm not sure. Maybe? I know there are some who can use lightning, but I don't know if they can be lightning. I'm going to Hug and Bonk Fat Cobra. He didn't get to fight, and he didn't do very well with Tiger's Beautiful Daughter. {Then what's the bonk for?} Because he should have been smarter about trying something with Tiger's Beautiful Daughter. {True. The arm stretching maneuver probably was not the best approach. Maybe poetry? I bet Fat Cobra can be quite poetic when he wants. Anyone else getting a mention.}
Hmm, I think Hobgoblin needs a Bonk for keeping his brother locked up in that underground bunker. People need sunlight. {Not vampires.} Vampires aren't people! {Great, now we're going to get sued by some Equal Rights for Vampires organization. I hope you've got deep pockets.} I don't have any pockets. {Thank you! We'll be here all week!} Not me, I'm going home now. {Fine. I'll be here all week!}

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Hmmmm...has Tony Stark done anything particularly bonk-worthy lately?

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Not that I'm aware of. I know he's trying to stop the Mandarin from killing lots of people with the Extremis virus, while getting slowed down procedurally by Norman Osborn and some Senate committee person. I don't think they know that's what they're impeding, they just seem to want to make Stark's life difficult. The less he appears in other people's books, the better off he is, imagewise.