Friday, January 25, 2008

Good Week To Catch A Second Wind

Are you sure I can't read The Punisher? {Positive.} Are you ever going to get your labels finished? {I've kind of concluded I'm never going to be entirely happy with them, no matter how many times I expand the list of labels. Which won't stop me from trying.} That's the way! {Thanks.} You are going to start buying more books next month, right? {Tell Marvel to stop pricing so many things I want to buy at four bucks. 9 titles from them next month, and 3 of them have that price bump. Like I'm made out of money.} Oh. Well, I'll go talk to them after this. It won't take long.

Well, Rayne needs some Applause for surviving the Automaton and the giant fire salamanders, and for getting the book she needed. And since she got smashed through a ceiling, and nearly crushed a couple of times, here's a Hug too. {I wonder if Rayne accepts hugs?} Sure she does! She let Mynce hug her at the end of Tibetan Heights! {Point for you.} That reminds me, I'm going to Hug for Mynce for being adorable. {Ugh.} What? {Hugging children.} What's wrong with children? {They're grabby, sticky, noisy, smelly, though not as bad as babies, oh yeah, and destructive.} But you were a child once. {Yes, but I was a perfect child. I never acted up, or made any messes.} Oh. So I guess you wouldn't want me to Hug the mutant baby in Messiah CompleX? {It's your hug, you can give it to whomever you please. Just keep the baby away from me.} Good.

*phone rings* {Yeah? Hey mom. You want to talk to ABP? O-kay. Here.} Hello? Fine, and you? That's good. What's going on? Oh really? Well, thank you for telling me. You have a nice day. *hangs up*

{What's up?} Oh, not much, your mom just wanted to tell me you did to make messes and act up when you were a kid. {She told you that?} Yes! And you know what that means - BONK! {Aieee!} 'Aieee'? Why would you say that? {I don't know. I just felt like trying out some of Bendis' patented "person in distress" dialogue.} It sounds pretty stupid. {It does, doesn't it? Say, what's that?} Oh, that poor horse, it's been whipped to death. *rimshot* {So, we done with the comedy portion of our show?} I think so, but I don't have anyone else to bonk. Can I bonk Barracuda, even though I didn't read the comic? {If you had read the comic, you'd know there isn't anything left of 'Cuda's head to bonk.} Ew. {You said it.} In that case, I'm off to Marvel, to get them to lower prices. {Good luck with that. Oh, and watch out for Quesada. it's said that he steals the happiness of those young and adorable to make them more relatable to the fans.} I'll be careful. See ya!

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Hugs for Jaime Reyes! And Paco, and Brenda, and his parents, and Milago, and aw heck, hugs for everybody!

Bonks to the Reach! Gosh, but they are heinous!

A hug for Hippolyta. She wasn't looking to good there. AND her flying horse.

A hug for Frank Castle. He looked like he could use one.

A bonk to Cyclops for being a bit of a jerk lately. At least he didn't kill his son. I suppose that's something.

A bonk to Tony Stark. I don't know that he's done anything particularly doltish lately, but I've gotten into the habit, and it is to hard to break.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: You know, if you're not careful, Tony Stark might start to like getting bonked on the head. Once that happens, who knows what acts he'll commit to get hit?

SallyP said...

You mean like Hal Jordan?