Sunday, April 06, 2008

Odd Little Quick Post

So here's one for you. Have you ever known someone whose eyelashes turned white or gray?

It can happen to the hair on top, the beard and mustaches, the eyebrows, the hair in various locations elsewhere, but I can't recall ever seeing anyone with eyelashes that naturally turned those colors. Of course, they might have been coloring them (can you do that, or would there be too great a risk of getting the stuff in your eyes?), but it was something that I thought of yesterday..

I'll just let you mull that over.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

I can honestly say that this has never occured to me, but I suppose that the possibility exists. It would certainly look a little...odd however. Thank goodness for mascara!

Seangreyson said...

Gah. This whole concept bothered me enough to look it up. If a rough google search is any guide, it apparently happens, but slower than the rest of your hair.

I don't know why the idea should freak me out, but the idea of white eyelashes really does.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Before Saturday, it had never occurred to me, either, and it only did because I flicked a white dog hair, that was about the size of an eyelash, off my steering wheel. Odd how ideas like that come along.

seangreyson: So it does happen? Thanks for the info. I'll have to take a closer look at my grandmother's eyelashes next chance I get.