Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Time For A Game

I saw Ami do this on her blog, and I've kept it in the back of my mind as something to do when I don't feel particularly inspired. Also, I was trying to save it for a time when I knew I'd be around for a week so I could update it as necessary. I picked quotes from 10 different movies. They aren't all favorites of mine, as some of them are from movies that just happened to be on TV. I'm going to post the quote, and you've got to guess what movie it's from, and who said it. I think some of them are pretty easy, but that's because I've seen those movies so many times, I imagine. If you get it right, I cross out that quote, post the answer, and the name of the wise person who provided it.

FYI, you can't use Internet Movie Database, or any other sort of Internet search function to look up the quotes. You'll just have to fumble about inside your memories, or watch the movie if you think you know which one it was. Come next Thursday (July 3rd), I'll post the answers to any of the quotes that haven't been figured out yet. Good luck.

1. 'Whoa lady, I only speak two languages: English and bad English.' {Korben Dallas (Bruce Willis) - The 5th Element. Congratulations to Matthew!}

2. 'Sure get some high arc with this low gravity, huh?'

3. 'About the time Raquel was spilling her little secret, a man nobody ever laid eyes on before strolled into the Maine National Bank. Until that moment, he didn't exist - except on paper.' {Red (Morgan Freeman) - Shawshank Redemption. Give it up for Jason!}

4. 'I've got three weeks to whip you suck-ass failure junkies into shape!'

5. 'What wanton hubris is this? Speak child, now! Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord! So sayeth the Psalms!'

6. 'It's only an island if you look at it from the water.'

7. 'Lately, your low self-esteem is just good common sense.'

8. 'I'll tell you what it isn't. It isn't Napoleon brandy.'

9. 'I know you motherfuckers have epinephrine!' {Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) - Crank. Once again, Jason is on target!}

10. 'When the chimes end, pick up your gun. Go ahead and shoot me, Colonel. Just try.'

10 comments:

Jason said...

OK, I can picture #1 in my mind, but I just can't remember where it's fun. That one will haunt me.

#3 is from Shawshank Redemption, right? It's part of Morgan Freeman's end narration.

#9 is from Crank. I'm pretty sure Chev Chellios is yelling that in the drug store or hospital. That is one of my favorite bad movies.

Now, I'm going to page through my DVD"s to jog my memory.

CalvinPitt said...

Alright! #s 3 and 9 are off the board!

Matthew said...

#1 is from The Fifth Element, spoken by Korben Dallas when Leeloo starts jabbering away in the back seat of his cab.

#8 sounds sooo familiar, but I can't place it at all!

CalvinPitt said...

matthew: You are correct about #1 sir!

SallyP said...

I don't have a clue.

*sob*

Jason said...

Is #10 Gene Hackman from "The Quick & The Dead"? I'm pretty sure that's when he was standing down Keith David.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Don't give up hope!

jason: Nope, sorry. Right genre though.

Jason said...

Dammit!

Seangreyson said...

Is #4 from Stripes, Seargent Hulka?

P.S So hard to resist running the lines through google...gah!

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: Nope, sorry. Think more recent movie.