Friday, June 20, 2008

You Get The Best Of My Hugs

I tried flying in coach, it's not bad. You wouldn't last five minutes in the cargo hold. {No argument there, but you're small. You can curl up comfortably in one of the seats, an option my spine doesn't allow me.} We could work on that. {You have some Gingold? That would be kind of neat to try.} I meant lots of exercising! {Oh. No thanks then. I've grown accustomed to my lack of bending.}

Exercise is easy, you just have to keep your energy up. Like Dr. Minadad did while he was controlling OMAC. {Remac.} Oh, right. Remac. That's why he gets Applause, and so does Alfred, because he was the one providing food. {Plus, I got the feeling Minadad really appreciated the food, which is nice. I don't know that Batman thanks Alfred for the food often enough.} Nightwing and Robin probably do, so maybe they balance it out. Madrox gets some Applause because even though he blew up his own building, he did it by following the rules, so Val can't arrest him for anything. {That was pretty clever of him. Too bad Val won't leave them in peace.} I know. That's why X-Factor all get Hugs. And Green Arrow gets a Hug, because then maybe he won't gripe so much about how the Outsiders do things. {I don't believe any force can make Ollie Queen stop griping. It's what he does.}

Maybe I should hit him then. {I think you should limit your use of a Hug/Bonk combo. Let the characters fear it, never knowing when the warmth and happiness will be replaced with annoyance and pain. Like when that bag fell out of the overhead compartment and landed on my head. Didn't hurt so much as it caught me terribly off-guard.} You should be more aware of your surroundings. {Can you teach me the Arashikage Mindset? I wanna be a lethal killing machine!} I will not turn you into a lethal killing machine! We already have Deadpool for that! {But Wade never shows up anymore, not that his next solo series is getting solicited, he thinks he's too good for us!} That's not true! I talked to him last week. {He never comes by here anymore, though. Woo, we wandered off-topic. Were you going to hit anybody?}

Um, Val Cooper gets a Bonk. She's pushy and mean. {And, if O*N*E's protection of the X-Mansion was any indicator, incompetent. Don't forget incompetent!} That mansion gets blown up all the time. {But it was her job to make sure it didn't, and she failed. I think she's just mad that with fewer mutants, her job isn't as important, she's been marginalized, and so she takes her frustration out on X-Factor with all the ultimatums. That, or she's a Skrull.} I thought we weren't doing Skrull jokes. {Did we agree to that?} I'm pretty sure. {Huh. Then I retract my Skrull accusation. She's actually Mr. Sinister.} What?!

{You know what would make flying easier? A flying castle, like UnCalvin's.} Wait, the castle flies? You didn't tell me that! {I didn't know it until I saw it while I was in the air this week. UnCalvin was laughing at my discomfort.} Well, now how can I catch UnCalvin? {Trampoline?}

3 comments:

Seangreyson said...

Did anyone else notice the anti-smoking stuff in the books this week (possibly last week too, had two weeks of books to pick up).

ASM had a whole huge thing about smoking and lung cancer. X-Force had Wolverine making a whole bunch of comments about quitting smoking (because he only wanted one bad habit and he likes killing people more than smoking...not sure on the message there). Ultimate X-men's doing a whole steroids thing but I don't think it counts.

There may have been a couple others, haven't finished all the books.

SallyP said...

Valerie Cooper definitely deserves a bonk. I can remember when she was actually a rather cool, not to mention competent character, but THOSE days are long gone.

A hug to Layla Miller, whom I am sure could use one.

A Bonk to all Skrulls! That's a LOT of bonks! Oh, and Tony Stark.

CalvinPitt said...

seangreyson: Can't say I noticed that. I was pretty sure I saw a marvel character smoking this week (maybe Wolverine in Millar's Old Man Logan story?), because I was really surprised by it.

sallyp: But the Skrulls are our friends. They just want us to know she loves us.