Sunday, January 04, 2009

Party Horns! Pointy Hats!

Happy New Year! *blows horn* {Little late aren't you?} Well, you didn't invite me over, so I had to wait. {I wasn't here then, I was at a party.} What, you went to a party? *snorts dismissively* {Yes. I have friends besides you and Wade, you know.} Wade is your friend? {I guess. A friend who hurts me and steals my mini-pizzas, but a friend nonetheless.}

Doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. Ronan is going to have to get a Bonk, because he threw Starlord into the Negative Zone, and he's working with Blastaar. {Well, Starlord worked with Blastaar, too.} Yeah, but he just used him as a decoy! {Oh, so it's OK to treat a sentient being as disposable cannon fodder? Should I be checking you for an image inducer?} No, but, um, you see, it's was. . . fine, that was bad too. That was the past, and this is now, and we are talking about now, uh, now! {That is quite the grasp of the language you've got there.} Yeah, well, English isn't my first language. It would be easier in Russian. {Wait, Russian is your first language?} No, it's my second language, but it would still be easier. {Huh.}

I'm not changing my mind about Ronan. He's acting like Vulcan, so there. {Hey now, he is not acting like a spoiled child, you take that back!} No! {Fine, just don't expect me to stand up for you when he shows up to accuse you of crimes against the Kree.} I thought I was your friend! *sniffles* {Fine, I'll stand up for you when Ronan shows up to sentence you.} I thought he was showing up to accuse me. {Same thing with the Kree. You're guilty until. Well you're just guilty, end of discussion.} Eep. {So what about the Guardians themselves?} Groot gets Applause for destroying that big monster thing, but Vance Astro gets a Bonk for not keeping his mouth shut about what scattered the last team. {Now wait a second, he had a point. Keeping secrets and dishonesty helped wreck the last squad, and since Bug was nice enough to rejoin, he deserves to know.} He didn't have to blab in the middle of a fight! {Point for you.}

When are we doing the Year in Review posts? {I don't know. Starting tomorrow, I guess.} Hooray! {I was thinking about handling them alone again this year.} *crestfallen* Really? {Things just swing too far off track when there's more than one of us working on it.}

1 comment:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Awww. Let the baby panda have some fun!