Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Immortal Weapons Discussion

Immortal Weapons has concluded. So, which issue was your favorite, and which was your least favorite?

I'm taking the Bride of 9 Spiders issue for my least, because I didn't feel I learned anything about the Bride, her city, or her purpose, which means the writer was going for a presentation of her as a creature of mystery, but the art work against that, showing her in full view.

Favorite, despite strong competition from Fat Cobra and his amazing life, goes to the Dog Brother #1 issue. Timothy Green's on the art, which is a plus right there, as his style has grown on me since the Star-Lord mini-series. I also like the story, the idea of how the title is passed along, and how Dog Brother is a figure that seems more widely known outside the Heavenly Cities than the other Weapons. Or maybe it's just that the people who know of him are more varied.

Both it and the Fat Cobra story have a cyclical nature, but Dog Brother's is less hopeless than Cobra's cycle of get hammered, then doing stuff he'll forget until he has someone remind him, at which point he'll drink, forget, and screw up all over again.

No comments: