Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It Ends Again, Then Starts Up Again

Normally, I'd do this on December 16, since that's marks the beginning of a new year here at the blog. However, this year the 16th is also New Comics Day, which means a review post. So, we'll celebrate the conclusion of Year 4 here at Reporting on Marvels and Legends, rather than the start of Year 5. Or we can celebrate both simultaneously, if you'd prefer. I'm open that way.

Year 4 had its ups and downs. I had my usual smattering of posts that I was really happy about, as well as the ones that were just me trying to get something posted. I really hate those posts, it feels like I'm being cheap. I feel I have to keep posting, though. I think if I let myself fall of the daily pace (or as close to it as I get), and wait to post only when I'm really inspired, I'd probably stop posting faster than you might think. Maybe it wouldn't turn out like that, but why take chances? Besides, every once and awhile those half-assed posts turn into something decent, assuming I can devote some thought to them, which is nice, but I never know when that's going to happen.

Biggest downer of the year was my computer being infected badly enough it had to be completely wiped. That was a month ago, I still haven't got it all the way back, and I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble. The computer is about 2 weeks older than this blog, which is fairly old by computer standards, but I'm sentimental when it comes to things that have served me well, even if it's just a chair, a t-shirt, or a computer. My father's packrat sensibilities at work.

Enough of that. Looking to the year ahead, I can't say precisely what will be happening. The Year In Review posts are coming sometime in early January. I have a couple of hypothetical question posts I'm saving for when I travel over the holidays to keep you occupied. There might be some more stories, if the mood takes me. Beyond that, I don't know. I'll play it by ear. That's worked out fairly well so far.

OK, reviews tomorrow. See you then.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Happy anniversary, Calvin!

SallyP said...

Happy blogoversary! It seems as though there are a lot of them in December!

CalvinPitt said...

matthew: Thank you.

Sallyp: I wonder if it being winter has something to do with it. People don't want to go out 'cause it's cold, so they decide to blog instead.