Saturday, January 16, 2010

2009 Comics In Review - Part 5

This is the last of these Year in Review jaunts for the year. I felt like posting various lists of my favorite comic stuff, and that's all this is. I'll try and keep the longwinded explanations to a minimum.

Favorite Ongoing Series of 2009 (minimum 6 issues released in 2009):
1) Guardians of the Galaxy
2) Power Girl
3) Agents of Atlas

Favorite Mini-Series of 2009:
1) Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter
2) GrimJack: Manx Cat
3) Immortal Weapons
4) X-Men vs. Agents of Atlas

Favorite One-Shot of 2009:
1) Deadpool: Games of Death

Favorite Trade Paperback of 2009:
1) I Kill Giants (I know for certain I bought this in 2009)

Favorite Single Issue of Each Ongoing I Bought at Least 6 Issues of in 2009 (I'm not ranking them against each other, just singling them out as my favorite overall issue for each title):
Agents of Atlas #5
Booster Gold #20
Deadpool #13
Exiles #3
Guardians of the Galaxy #18
Immortal Iron Fist #24
Nova #28
Power Girl #4
Secret Six #8

Favorite Writers of 2009:
1) Jeff Parker
2) John Ostrander
3) Dan Abnett/Andy Lanning (I'm not sure who gets credit for what, so they share the spot)
4) Gail Simone (I'm not always a fan, but sometimes she really hits the right notes for me)

Favorite Pencilers/Artists of 2009:
1) Wesley Craig
2) Amanda Conner
3) Paul Pelletier
4) Nicola Scott
Honorable Mentions - Shawn Crystal, Timothy Green II, Dalibor Talijac (I like all three, but none of them drew more than 3 comics I bought this year, so I didn't think the output was high enough to rank them against the other 4)

OK, I can't think of anything else to rank, so that concludes the 2009 Year in Review posts! Whooo! Let's hear it for concluding!

No comments: