Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Not Sure Who He's Most Like

I finished watching The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. today. Brisco did eventually fire his gun in episode 6, though episode 11 is the first time he actually shot someone. That's offset by the fact he put a bullet down the barrel of a rival's gun in episode 10.

Yeah, Brisco's one of those erratic as the story demands it marksmen. When the story requires that he run for his life from a group of armed gunmen, then he can't shoot well enough to injure or disarm them. When he needs to pull off a nice shot at the climax, there's no problem. Maybe he's just a lousy shot when he's not standing still.

I'm surprised we never saw his horse fire a shot. Hey, Comet can get a train ticket, play chess, and open safes, firing a gun ought to be cake.

I've a lot more thoughts on the series, but I need another day (or maybe more) to order them.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh God, I loved that show. I have all the episodes on video tape.

Yes, I'm old.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: You're not that old. I used to video tape episodes of The Simpsons running in syndication back when I was in junior high.