Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dodging Idiots In The Fog For 'Clix

There was fog this morning. Which, as far as adverse weather conditions go, is not too terrible. I'd rather deal with fog than heavy rain, and I certainly prefer fog to frozen precipitation. Still, I'd hope people would have enough sense to turn on their headlights when driving in fog, especially considering it wasn't that long after sun up. I can guess at the reasoning of those who don't. The lights don't really help them see anything. Which ignores how the lights help everyone else see them, and thus, avoid hitting them. I suppose they aren't concerned about my vehicle impacting theirs, but I'd think they'd want to be certain large trucks could see them to avoid smashing them flat.

In other news, the Giant-Size X-Men Heroclix set was out today, which brought several guys to the store to pick up their pre-orders. The unfortunate thing was the store was shortchanged on its orders. They received enough for the majority of the pre-orders, and set aside some for the upcoming sealed event, but I think about 40% of the shipment didn't arrive, and won't arrive based on what I was hearing. Any extras that are left over will go to the big distributors, to ensure they get 100% of their orders, and everyone else gets screwed. I don't see how Wizkids/NECA screwed it up that badly. They had the pre-order figures, that should have been a baseline minimum to produce, then certainly make extra on the hopes/certainty there will be others coming in to buy who don't pre-order. It happens. A friend has just introduced them to the game. Or they wanted to see what figures were in the set before deciding whether to plunk down the cash.

It doesn't hurt me any, since I get mine by purchasing extras from the other guys, but it stinks for the store, and for all the folks who did want to buy some boosters. I bought a dozen figures off Preston, which covered about 75% of what I really wanted from the set, a pretty successful result for looking through his leftovers. Of course, most of the ones left are the Super-Rares and they'll surely be pricey, but I'll get to them eventually.

No comments: