Friday, March 18, 2011

Please Sir, May I Have Some More Information

Are DC's Flashpoint mini-series solicits working for you? This whole "FLASH FACT! {Brief, vague statement!}"

It's certainly better than the "TOP SECRET" or "CLASSIFIED" solicitations Marvel would do sometimes for Siege and Secret Invasion*, where they tell you nothing, maybe not even who'll be working on the book. We know the creative teams for these** projects, at least. But is the short description of the hook for the mini-series doing enough to grab your interest?

I'm finding them too vague myself. I'm somewhat interested in the Secret Seven one, but I'd like to know more than "One among them will betray them all!" before plunking down my cash. I wasn't that enthused about Flashpoint to begin with, so I'm probably not the target audience.

What about you? Does the air of mystery heighten your anticipation? Are the creative teams listed what has you most excited, and you'll trust them to deliver the goods?

* Did DC do some of those for Blackest Night, too?

** Or we know who they plan on using. Remains to be seen if everyone holds up their end of the bargain.

No comments: