Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update on that Heroclix Thing From Last Week

I mentioned last week that the store was shorted on their Heroclix orders. Turns out the part of their order was sent to a different warehouse, and so by this week it had arrived. Hooray! It does sound like that's all there 'clix there are though. Guess demand was higher than anticipated. Which might be good for the next set, though on a nationwide scale I don't know if demand carries over from one set to the next. I'm sure there are people who will always buy a case, or half a case, but I imagine there are lots of people whose buying habits are determined by what's in each set.

I don't know if it's still this way, but the patrons of Marvels and Legends used to be heavily tilted towards Marvel, so Ken always had to order a lot more of say, Mutations and Monsters than Crisis. I'm like that, to be certain. The last two Marvel sets (Web of Spider-Man and Giant-Size X-Men), there have been about 45 pieces I was interested in, all told. The last two DC sets (Brave and the Bold, DC 75th Anniversary), about 17 all together. I think the next DC set may be Superman-themed, so we'll see if the level of interest holds, increases, or decreases.

No comments: