Friday, November 09, 2007

Where Do I Put The Comics, There's So Many We Could Read

Yes, big week! {I figured that would make you happy.} Darn right it does! What's with you? You look kind of dazed. {Oh, it's nothing. I'll tell you later.}

Fine. Be mysterious. {I prefer "inscrutable".} Whatever. I prefer Applauding Gabe Vargas and the Uni-Force for totally putting one over on the Phalanx. They never would have guessed more power would be a bad thing. Then I want to Applaud Ronan for being creative enough to go to Ravenous for assistance. {Yeah, that doesn't seem to have worked out well.} That's why I'm also going to Bonk him, because sometimes being creative isn't such a good idea. {So the applause is just a ruse to get close to him?} No, it's genuine applause, and so is the Applause for Cru, because I think it's going to help Carol deal with some of her issues, and then she can be an even better hero. And finally I'm going to Applaud Danny Rand for taking an issue off, and letting some other people get face time. {I. . . have nothing to say to that.}

I bet you really do, you're just being polite. {Very true. Let's continue before I lose control.} Okey-doke. Bonks for Danny's abducted friend, Mr. Hogarth. He was actually offering management advice to Xao! He better not be coming down with Stockholm Syndrome! {I don't know. His advice probably wouldn't have involved killing people, so it wouldn't have been all bad.} Bonk for Willow, for teleporting two marmosets out of their happy homes when trying to find Buffy. I hope she apologized before she sent them home. {How do you know she sent them home? Maybe the Slayers ate it?} They wouldn't! {You're right; I'm just messing with ya. It's my way, you know.} Bonk for Aaron Stack, for just being creepy. {Oh, I see how it works. When he wears a fake mustache he's funny, but when it's a LMD of Monica Rambeau's body it's creepy, and yeah, you're right. That was creepy. Let's talk about something else.}
Agreed. Hugs then! Hugs for Faith! Lots of Hugs for Faith, because she just never catches a break! {No she doesn't, but I'm the one who gets to hug Faith. You go hug creepy English girl.} No! Your hugs won't help her out of her problem! {And unless yours can teleport her to safety, neither will yours!} Maybe mine can! How would you know? {How do you know my hugs can't do that, and how long are we going to argue like this?} I'm ready to move on. {Me too. Let's do that.} Hug for Adam Warlock, because he still seems out of sorts, and I think Blastaar could use a Hug after getting stepped on. Also, Hug for Orson Randall's daughter, that watches the gateway, after she got kicked in the face. That was just uncalled for. {Yes, Yu Ti needs to calm down a bit. Striking the help is not cool.}

So what had you so dazed earlier? {Nothing.} You said you'd tell me! {Never specified when. Also, I lie.} Jerk!

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I would like to give a hug to the REAL Black Bolt...wherever he may be, he could probably use one.

Man, was Tony Stark whiney this week! TWO bonks!!

A hug for Cyclops for actually being cool beyond belief.

And a Bonk to Jonah Hex, for having a chance to talk to his long-estranged son, and then being a jerk about it.

Oh, and another Bonk for Tony Stark. Just keeping my hand in.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Yeah, I'm very worried about Black Bolt. When did the Skrulls grab him, and where were they keeping him? I hope it wasn't on one of those worlds the Annihilation Wave made go BOOM!

Somehow, the fact Jonah eschewed a chance for a heart-warming reconciliation with his son doesn't surprise me. Doesn't excuse it either. BONK!

And every so often Cyclops does something that makes me go "Hmm, not bad Slim."