Friday, March 14, 2008

It Rises Now Before Me, A Bright And Cheery Panda

The 2008 Cape Comiccon sounds awesome! {Hey! I said there wasn't going to be anymore plugging of the convention this month! You trying to make me a liar?} No, I just wanted to know if I'd get to go. {Well, I suppose you might be able to come along. If I bring a backpack, you could ride along in that. But no misbehaving between now and then.} None? {Well, OK, you can misbehave a little. You're only human, after all. Er, you know what I mean.} I'll try. {Great. *deep, booming voice* Now let us begin!}

What was that about? {I, don't, know.} Maybe your brain shorted out. I could bonk it, that might help. {I don't think brain damage will be fixed by more brain damage, so kindly direct the bonks elsewhere, if you don't mind.} OK, first Bonk goes to Iron Man. {What for, or are you just pandering to Sallyp?} No, it's because he wouldn't let Nighthawk pick his own Defenders team. {That did kind of stink. Stark cheated us out of more Hellcat, curse his goatee.} See? I did have a good reason. Then I'm going to Bonk the High Evolutionary for only caring about his work, and dooming the universe. {I don't know. There's something about his comments, I think he knows something about Ultron's new body he isn't sharing.} What? {Not sure. Check back with me later.} Okey-doke. Rick Flag gets a Bonk. He betrays Rustam, but he doesn't care. {I know! He's such a jerk! I'm not sure whether we're supposed to like him or not, but he's doesn't make it easy. He did chip one of Batman's ear dealies once, though, that's got to count for something.} Maybe. Jamie's not being very nice either, so he gets a Bonk too. {Oh come on! He's clearly suffering post-traumatic stress disorder! How about some hug therapy? Heh, hug therapy. *laughs loudly*} What's so funny? {I just reminded myself of last night's Metalocalypse episode. I'm not a big fan of that one, but the line about a wrestling hold being "hug therapy" was pretty good.} Why can't I watch it? {It's too sophisticated.} *ABP raises an eyebrow* {Fine, it's too profane for you. Happy?} No, I still want to watch it. {Well, you can't, so move on.}

You never let me do anything fun! {Hey, I'm planning to bring you to the con, what more do you want? Can we continue?} *monotone* I guess. Hugs for Drax and Gamora, because turning into a Babel Spire looks painful. And Rictor could probably use a Hug too right now. {The compassion in your voice is overwhelming.} *still monotone* Yes, I am full of compassion, that's why I'm going to Hug the Old Rustam, even though he was a slow old man that couldn't avenge his son. {Yep, you're full of something. Not sure it's compassion.} Hey! {Oh, now you put some energy into it.} I'll show you! Hugs for all the heroes that got killed by OMACs! {Wow, that's a lot of hugs.} Darn right!

Let's see, Blue Beetle gets Applause for tricking the OMACs. Warlock gets Applause for trying to change how his people do things. Groot get Applause for being Groot. Windfall gets Applause for saving the rest of the Squad from Chemo. {Good luck finding something of her to applaud.} Well yeah, but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve the applause. {I suppose that's true. Anything else?} No, I think I'm done.

3 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Windfall? There was an ex-Outsider in Suicide Squad???

Although I shouldn't be surprised that she's dead now ... unless it's her clone.

SallyP said...

Oh Calvin, you can pander to me anytime. (flutters eyelashes) Yes, Tony Stark deseves a good bonking.

Rick Flag probably also deserves one, but I'm giving Amanda Waller a hug, just because she's awesome!

So is Blue Beetle! Pleasepleaseplease don't kill Ted!

Wonder Woman deserves a hug, for being nice enough to go and help those nasty ol' Khunds. And double applause for taking along Etta Candy. Woowoo indeed.

CalvinPitt said...

fortress keeper: Yup, I guess it was that Windfall. Of course, "clone" is always a distinct possibility in the superhero world, so who knows.

sallyp: It's no big deal if Ted gets killed, because Booster can always hop in the time bubble to go back and prevent that death, just like he did the gunshot to the head.