Saturday, March 08, 2008

This Isn't How I Pictured It Going

Yeah, the gameplay went even worse this week than it did last week. At least last week, there were little success I could point to, like hurting Kingdom Come Superman. This week, it was a repeat of the last game from last week, where I just couldn't hit anything.

I tried a Doom Patrol team, and I had this lovely plan of using Mento to telekinetically move Robotman, then Cliff could use Charge, and smack the enemy. Problem is, Robotman's movement was not so great, and my opponents basically stayed far enough away it wouldn't have been feasible. Then when I actually got close enough, I just couldn't catch a break. I'd push a character to attack someone, and roll snake eyes. So I take damage from that, in addition to the damage I got from pushing (going two turns in a row). Or I would attack and miss, and use my one reroll, and get the same roll I got the first time. Oh, and they kept Outwitting my defensive powers, so they could more readily smack the crap out of me.

So that's really all I've got to say about that. Oh well, I've got a whole week to try and come up with a new plan, so hopefully I'll have better luck next week. Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Or you could just switch to Scrabble or something.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: I'm not all that good at Scrabble either, I'm afraid. Or those word jumble things. It's odd, because I think I have a pretty decent vocabulary, but I can't seem to call upon it for games like this.

I probably just need to start planning my Heroclix strategies out more.