Tuesday, July 01, 2008

More Scattered Thoughts

Oh joy, Jay Mariotti is one of the hosts on PTI today. I'd almost rather have Dan LeBatard. At least Adande seems to be in a good mood. I wish David Aldridge still worked for ESPN. I was always happy when he subbed for TK or Wilbon. He was very low on the obnoxiousness scale.

Last night I had a dream involving trick or treating, then a blond woman fleeing down a hallway, only to be confronted by a guy with a gun and a dog walking on its hind legs. One was named Tolliver, the other Cray*. Then Bruce Wayne showed up dressed like the Spirit, started fighting, got bailed out by a revolver toting Vince Vaughn**, who was the shot by the shadowy mastermind, and Batman started to go for the gun, except it was just a ruse to bring the mastermind close enough so Bats could kick him in the face. And somehow my mind assured me this was related to Batman RIP. Still less weird than the one with John Wayne and the kid from Kick Ass rescuing my grandmother. Or trying to, since she escaped on her own by walking through walls somehow, though she was mightily confused. That made two of us.

Completely unrelated, does anyone know why Final Crisis seems to be inspiring so much argument? I half expect that just by mentioning it, people will now appear and start throwing verbal Molotovs at each other in the comments. Maybe the Anti-Life Equation is subliminally inserted into the issues, and it's prompting all this aggression. And no, I don't know if the Anti-Life Equation could actually do that, but it's the least mundane explanation I could come up with.

* I know those names are from Suicide Squad, though I don't know which was which in the dream, or why one of them was a dog.

** Curse FX for showing Dodgeball so often! Or maybe its Fox' fault for showing Lost World on Sunday.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Christ, I'm afraid to hear what kind of dreams Mariotti appearing on PTI is going to cause you. I can't freaking stand that guy, hell even the other writers for his paper can't stand him.

As for Final Crisis, I think most commenters on the internet want to say something sucks, so one guy says, "Final Crisis sucks!" So then commenter B replies, "No, you suck!" and then their lives are, somehow, fulfilled. And I'll just keep reading and enjoying the series.

Or, maybe Grant Morrison ground up the anti-life equation and inserted it into the ink that the comics are printed out of, like when Kiss put their blood into he ink of their comics.

SallyP said...

I have to say that I'm enjoying Final Crises thoroughly. Not a Skrull in sight!

Calvin, you HAVE to layoff of the weird icecream flavors before you go to sleep1

CalvinPitt said...

jason: Fortunately, Mariotti didn't make an appearance in my dreams last night. Not one I remember, anyway.

sallyp: Hey, I had ice cream last night, and no weird dreams! That was kind of disappointing, actually. Weird dreams are awesome.