Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Line Of People Angry At Namor Goes Around That Block He Demolished

Sort of related to yesterday's idea about Jimmy Woo being menaced by threats he would no longer remember, do you think that ever happens to Namor? He's had more than one bout of amnesia, and he can be destructive and hot-headed even when in full possession of his faculties, so there have to be plenty of people with grudges.

I picture him being attacked by some person, angry over the destruction of their life from one of Namor's attacks on the surface world, and Namor responding, "Which attack? The one where I summoned a giant whale with legs? The time I was walking to meet with the U.N., the Hulk showed up to help, and we started fighting, or one of the half-dozen other times I've declared war on you pale air-breathers? Speak up!" It'd be better written than that, but in general theme, that's what I'm thinking of.

It could either be played up as "Look, that might be an important day to you, but it didn't mean squat to me, scram", or more sympathetically,* "I'm sorry, I can't recall the specifics, I've had a tumultuous existence".

* I think Namor's capable of sympathy. Not a lot of it, but some.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Heh. That's a scenario that could apply to an awful LOT of superheroes when you come to think about it. The amount of property damage perpetrated by the X-Men ALONE is mind-boggling.

CalvinPitt said...

sallyp: Yep. I bet the X-Men slip out of it by blaming all the damage on mutant haters. Or Sentinels. They tell the folks to direct complaints and lawsuits thataway.

Or Cyclops orders X-Force to kill the people complaining. Equally possible.